Old November 15th 05, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin McKenzie Colin McKenzie is offline

Default London's lost bike network

Jeremy Parker wrote:

London is about halfway through building the "London Cycle Network".
Actually to some extent that's rebuilding. ...

Not all the tracks vanished. Some of them are still around.
Please say what's wrong or missing from the list below. I know that
the A24 isn't strictly London, but perhaps there are other suburban
routes that should also be remembered.

Remaining
---------

A30, Great South West Road - not real cycle tracks, only pavements?
A4, Great West Road, N Circular - M25
A 4020, Uxbridge Road, Grand Union Canal - Hayes End Road

There is also a short stretch on the north side east of Southall,
which could be that old. I plan to remove most of it.

A40 - Western Avenue - not real cycle tracks, only pavements? Only
one side.

The only bit that suggests it's not an adapted pavement is the
disintegrating path parallel to the pavement on the south side west of
Greenford Roundabout.

Lost
----

A406 North Circular Rd - which parts?

Nothing visible between Stonebridge and Chiswick Roundabout.

Colin McKenzie