Old November 16th 05, 04:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.telecom.mobile
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default Plan for dealing with obnoxious phone calls on trains?

M. J. Powell wrote:
In message . com,
GazK writes
Not sure about "larger louts" (seems a bit fattist to me) but
screaming brats, or "children" as we call them, have as much right
to be on a train as you do (assuming they are not in the quiet
carriage). With the best will in the world, children sometimes make
loud unexpected noises and even responsible parents cannot - and
indeed should not - expect them to remain mute on a long train
journey.

Then why are some children perfectly behaved?

An interesting question.

I once had the experience of sitting in a large DSS waiting are for an hour
or more. There were several families with their children from several
different ethnic groups. It was the children from only one ethnic group that
ran around disturbing others; the one that engages in football hooliganism
and vandalism.