Old November 16th 05, 05:14 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.telecom.mobile
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default Plan for dealing with obnoxious phone calls on trains?

Rich Mackin wrote:
"MIG" wrote in message
ups.com...
Carry a small, flask-like vessel of cold salty water, and when the
caller has finished the call, ask to borrow their phone...and place
it in said water.

No more calls on that journey

I had a Nokia 3310 which fell in the toilet (still not quite sure
how). For reasons of hygiene, I washed it very thoroughly, and then
took it apart as much as I could, thinking that the components are
mostly sealed in plastic and/or non-corrosive.

I then laid all the little, thoroughly-washed, bits out to dry for
two days.

Then I put it back together again, and it didn't work.

So the water may not need to be salty.

Having witnessed a Motorola bobbing up and down inside a pint, may I
suggest that lager-flavoured water can stop a phone from working.

Hopefully the phone gave the water some flavour.