Old September 8th 03, 05:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
umpston umpston is offline

Default Pay by Oystercard?

Paul Corfield wrote in message . ..
On 5 Sep 2003 08:11:02 -0700, (umpston) wrote:

Yesterday when buying a 1-day travelcard the machine gave the option
to 'Pay by Oystercard'. Does this mean that daily pre-pay customers
will still have to queue for tickets? What is the point of that?

No I assume [1] it means that you can use the cash on the card to buy a
ticket for someone else. Just an alternative to cash or debit / credit
card payment.

Seems very sensible to me as it provides flexibility for people.

Fair enough - I hope you're right.

[1] I'm waiting to get a copy of the card spec to see how things have
progressed since we first specified it.

We'll await your comments with interest!