Old November 18th 05, 11:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default RM Heritage Routes

In article ,
(Ian Jelf) wrote:

In message , Dave Arquati
writes
The heritage 9s are running happily now and look very smart indeed -
freshly painted and they have had the old-style blinds put in at the
front.

They stand at the 360 stand on Prince Consort Road just outside
Imperial College Union. They head off eastwards so I presume they
don't pick up passengers until the stop on the eastern side of
Exhibition Road, but do drop off passengers at the Royal Albert Hall
and then head down Queen's Gate to Prince Consort Rd.

I've just notices that there are PDFs of a poster advertising the new
Heritage routes and some other "long" posters recalling individual
decades in the RM's existence at

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/ini-heritage-buses.asp

That page and the poster seem confused whether the heritage routes stop
at 18:00 or 18:30, I see.

I also see they say "All the buses used date from 1960-1964". Does that
mean the end for the RMLs which apart from the initial batch of 24 date
from 1965 to 1968? Anyone seen one on a heritage route? I see the poster
shows and RML on the 9, though.

--
Colin Rosenstiel