Old November 20th 05, 04:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default SWT Trains through East Putney today

Fraser Robertson wrote
"Tom Robinson" wrote

Saw a SWT train going through East Putney today while I was waiting
for the district line up to Edgware Road. Came up the ramp from

the
Waterloo-Richmond line and went off down towards Wimbledon. I know
they can do this sometimes but it's not something you see very

often,
anyone know why this was? Was it related to yesterday's cable fire

at
Clapham Junc.?

It happens when they engineering work somewhere, as I use to travel

from
Teddington and end up on that loop sometimes. Not bad really to have

shame
they don't utilise it a bit more

Not just engineering work. When I commuted to/from Waterloo on trains
that went though Wimbledon this alternative route was taken maybe twice
a year. Whether the reason was congestion on the usual down line or
just for fun I don't know but it was quite amusing to see how many
passemgers were (a) awake enough to notice and (b) hadn't done it
before and so wondered if they were on the wrong train.

--
Mike D