Old November 20th 05, 09:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Boothroyd David Boothroyd is offline

Default Steaming drains

In article . com,
wrote:
Laurence Payne wrote:

Battersea Power Station used to pipe hot water under the Thames to
provide heating to Dolphin Square and Pimlico.

When the station closed thiis was replaced by a coal-fired boiler house
between the power station and the railway. This was later converted to
'dual', I assume gas and oil, firing according to its sign. Quite
recently this was demolished, does anyone know what has now replaced
it?

On the Battersea Power Station site, nothing. For providing hot water
to Dolphin Square and the Churchill Gardens Estate, the Pimlico
District Heating Unit was built on the estate. It breaks down very
frequently indeed.

Unfortunately when Dolphin Square was built it must have been assumed
that Battersea Power Station would last forever as the lease conditions
allowed residents hot water for free for as long as the lease lasted.

--
http://www.election.demon.co.uk
"We can also agree that Saddam Hussein most certainly has chemical and biolog-