Old November 21st 05, 09:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Larry Lard Larry Lard is offline

Default SWT Trains through East Putney today

Tom Robinson wrote:
Saw a SWT train going through East Putney today while I was waiting
for the district line up to Edgware Road. Came up the ramp from the
Waterloo-Richmond line and went off down towards Wimbledon. I know
they can do this sometimes but it's not something you see very often,
anyone know why this was? Was it related to yesterday's cable fire at
Clapham Junc.?

I believe use of this curve is tentatively part of the Olympics
transport plan (can't find a reference other than
http://www.alwaystouchout.com/project/44 though), with trains from
the ELL running on the new ELL extension to Clapham Junction, and then
round to Southfields for the tennis. I've definitely seen a map which
had this route highlighted, but I can't find it now.

--
Larry Lard
Replies to group please