Old November 22nd 05, 09:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris! Chris! is offline

Default No staff on gatelines (again)

Hi,

Once again there were no staff on the East Putney gateline @ 1530ish
yesterday. And once again, all the ticket gates were closed (including
the side gate) despite there being a sign saying that people could pay
at their destination due to the ticket office being closed. As I have
said before, the information button doesn't seem to connect in these
situations.

Which of the following would get me in the least trouble if I got stuck
in the station due to this (and my paper ticket not working)...
a) Climbing over gate
b) Pushing the emergency open button
c) Returning to a platform and attracting the attention of the next
driver
d) Kicking a gate hard to try and open it