Old November 23rd 05, 07:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mal Mal is offline

Default No staff on gatelines (again)

Someone must be within 5 seconds of an emergency plunger. If they aren't
watching the gateline they should be open. If you plunge it will be noticed
in many places and questions will be asked. I'd plunge.

Mal
wrote in message
oups.com...

Robin Mayes wrote:
"Paul Cummins" wrote in message
.. .
In article . com,
(Chris!) wrote:

b) Pushing the emergency open button

IT's a legal requirement that the gate line be manned - I'd use the
emergency button.

Not technically correct. It's a requirement for the gates to be
monitored,
which can be remotely, and the emergency plunger activated.

Well they obviously aren't being monitored remotely which a breach of
health & safety. If they were being monitored remotely why are
passengers having to vault the closed gates or force them open to get
out of a station. Sounds like a bull**** excuse by LUL.

Kevin