Old November 24th 05, 08:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mal Mal is offline

Default No staff on gatelines (again)

So....someone stole something from you worth a lot of money and you blame
someone else?? Its your ticket, its worth a fortune, look after it.
However there is a procedure for issuing a new one which staff should do.

Mal

wrote in message
ups.com...

Martin Underwood wrote:
T.S. Cordiner wrote in
:

I am unsure exactly what the argument for the gateline staff is anyway

One very important function that gateline staff perform is letting out
passengers whose tickets refuse to open the gates. Almost every time I
go up to London, I find that somewhere during my travels around the
underground I'll encounter a station whose gates won't recognise my
ticket,
either on entry or else on exit.

And we'll have no jokes about the effect of my magnetic personality on
the
magnetic stripe on the ticket ;-)

Slightly different subject but I am pretty ****ed this morning having
had my weekly travel card stolen from the gates yesterday evening at
Euston. I could have been generous and said that somebody took it by
mistake but I believe they knew that they had taken the wrong ticket.
Euston was mayhem at about 5pm with one gate out of action and with
people barging and pushing in at the next gate. The resulting mayhem
caused many of the tickets to be rejected which made the the chaos
even worse. At this point somebody barged in front and left with my
tickect.
Only after a fight nearly started with some impatient bugger behind me
nearly started did the LU staff start to manage the chaos and throw the
side gate open and let every body out without checks. My ticket gone,
LU's repsonse, it happens all the time, what do you expect us to do
about it. Well manage the overcrowding caused by your inability to have
all the gates working a little better for a start.

Kevin