Old November 25th 05, 06:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Victoria Line on Wednesday morning

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
It's possible that the line was cut back to Warren Street - Walthamstow;
IIRC, Warren Street is the next crossover back.

Thank god the builders of the JLE had the forsight to put in lots of
crossovers so the nonense we have to put up with on other lines
whereby huge swathes of the line is closed simply because of
a lack of crossovers to reverse trains at is mitigated. I sometimes
wonder if it was lack of money or lack of foresight that caused
so few to be built in the underground sections of tube lines and
in cases where there was deliberate removal of them such as at
Covent Garden on the piccadilly and Archway on the northern,
whether just plain stupidity was involved.

B2003