Old November 26th 05, 01:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark Brader Mark Brader is offline

Default No staff on gatelines (again)

Dave Newt and Paul Corfield write:
On a related note, the RER in Paris DOES have ticketed exit gates, and I
have been "locked in" unable to exit with no staff around to help.

and parts of the Paris suburban network that are not on the RER are also
gated, It is entirely possible to be trapped inside these gatelines.

My point being that they seem to manage OK.

Let's just say that the attitude to safety hazards is somewhat different
in France. Also, does it ever happen that exits from *underground* RER
stations are left unattended?
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "Do people confuse me with Mark Brader?"
--Mark Barratt