Old November 26th 05, 02:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Victoria Line on Wednesday morning

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Boltar wrote:

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:

It's possible that the line was cut back to Warren Street - Walthamstow;
IIRC, Warren Street is the next crossover back.

Thank god the builders of the JLE had the forsight to put in lots of
crossovers so the nonense we have to put up with on other lines whereby
huge swathes of the line is closed simply because of a lack of
crossovers to reverse trains at is mitigated.

It's certainly a good thing that the JLE is built to a high level of
flexibility, but the Victoria line, which is what we were talking about
here, isn't actually that bad: you can reverse at Victoria, Warren Street,
King's Cross, Highbury & Islington and Seven Sisters, five out of the
line's sixteen stations!

Hmm. Can you actually reverse at H&I? There's a connection that should
allow it, according to the maps, but i've never heard of it happening.

And can you reverse in both directions at Victoria, Warren Street and
Seven Sisters? Again, the tracks would allow it, but what about the
signalling? Or is it all done manually?

tom

--
I content myself with the Speculative part [...], I care not for the
Practick. I seldom bring any thing to use, 'tis not my way. Knowledge