Old November 26th 05, 10:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Endymion Ponsonby-Withermoor III Endymion Ponsonby-Withermoor III is offline

Default No staff on gatelines (again)

David of Broadway wrote:
Both my work schedule and the subway routes have changed since then
(late 2003). Also, I've taken to driving between the subway and work
..
Wow. That's a long paragraph. Sorry.

Oh. I see. Does most of the NY subway run (even allegedly) to
some sort of (published) schedule ? In most other cities that I have
seen, the timetables are effectively hidden from public view: people
just get the first available train, with no real idea as to when it's
supposed to arrive/depart.

This is in city areas, of course; in the outer-lying suburbs, specific
times are more common.

Seems a bit of an unacceptable situation though, that a few minutes can
throw-out all your connections.

Richard [in PE12]