Old November 26th 05, 03:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Victoria Line on Wednesday morning

In message ,
writes

Just out of curiousity , how far do the sidings at Brixton go?

1200 feet beyond the platform end.

I've heard the tunnel goes halfway to streatham

More in the direction of Herne Hill - it ends under Somerleyton Road if
I remember correctly but, as I say, it stretches less than 1/4 of mile
from the station.

Can you fit many trains down there or is it used for storage of some
sort?

There's enough room to start the morning service from the south end of
the Victoria line - I thinks that's 8 trains in all (3 in each of the
tunnels and 2 in the platforms).

--
Paul Terry