Old November 26th 05, 07:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 'One under'

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 19:58:26 -0000, "Tony Wilson" a@a wrote:

But this evening I was on the southbound Jubilee line platform at Green Park
when someone a few metres to my right launched themselves in front of the
incoming train. Luckily I wasn't looking that way and I only got to hear it
rather than see it.

Just wanted to say well done to the staff who have to deal with this on an
all too regular basis - on leaving I wished I'd asked the driver if he was
OK on behalf of the passengers but I think I was still slightly in shock
myself.

It would have been un upsetting experience, I'm sure. But let's not
descend into tabloid exaggerations. You and the driver may have been
shocked. But you wouldn't be "in shock". That's a specific medical
condition. The victim (if he had survived) might have been. But not
you.