Old November 27th 05, 06:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Good Luck, Paul Corfield

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 01:11:27 +0000, Tom Anderson
wrote:

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 15:20:06 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

I'm 100% certain that I would never make the candidate list.

I wanted to see your signature change to

"I admit that London Underground works for me!"

LOL! again. Whatever you're on can I have some please?

Mostly, he's on trains. So you do want to be in charge!

More seriously, maybe Tim O'Toole'll get the job, and then you can just
take over LUL for now. Baby steps, Paul, baby steps!

My own view is that Tim will want to stay at LU to see a number of
things through. There are a series of company wide briefings going on
at present and Tim fronts those sessions - he is a very good speaker and
clearly knows what he wants to do. I've got a lot of time for him as he
is a leader and inspires confidence in people.

There are also far too many better and more ambitious people than me who
would want Tim's job. Given that I wouldn't want to do my boss's job I
can't see that I'd ever wish to do Tim's one. Even if people here are
having a small joke at my expense I'm flattered that people even
perceive me as a potential candidate.
--
Paul C