Old November 27th 05, 09:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil Clark Phil Clark is offline

Default Earlsfield and Clapham Junction today

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 07:17:42 +0000, Paul Terry
wrote:

What was happening in the Earlsfield/Clapham Junction today?

Something to do with lines in the Motspur Park area being closed all day
for engineering work?

Possibly - see below, from the SWT website. I didn't experience any
problems, but then my trains run on the fast.

MOTSPUR PARK AREA - ALL DAY

All lines will be closed all day in the Motspur Park area.

The service between London Waterloo and Guildford via Epsom will only
run between Epsom and Guildford. A bus service will run between
Wimbledon and Epsom.
The train service between London Waterloo and Dorking will be
withdrawn. A bus service will run between Wimbledon and Epsom.
Passengers use Southern train services between Epsom and Dorking.
The train service between London Waterloo and Chessington will be
withdrawn. A bus service will run between Wimbledon and Chessington
South.
Passengers should use alternative train services between London
Waterloo and Wimbledon to connect with the bus services.