Old November 27th 05, 12:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
tim \(moved to sweden\) tim \(moved to sweden\) is offline

Default Another one under

"Phil Clark" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:00:04 +0100, "tim \(moved to sweden\)"
wrote:

"Phil Clark" wrote in message
. ..

I'm still not sure whether I did the right thing to get a slow train
from waterloo or whether I should have held out for a Basingstoke
service.

You should have got a Reading service and changed there!

To be honest, I can't remember if there were any Reading services
listed - even trains that don't run through Surbiton were messed up,
presumably due to other trains being in the wrong place.

I'm not sure a slow train to Reading - Basingstoke - back to Fleet
would have been any quicker.

Obviously, I didn't read your post properly. I assumed your
final destination was Basingstoke.

No matter, aldershot line and local bus, there is a bus isn't there?

They were turning round some West of
England services at basingstoke, and advising people to travel via
Woking, not Reading.

That was surely going to be out of laziness?

tim

But it's one to remember for future use - my ticket isn't valid via
Reading, so not one I'd normally think of.