Old November 27th 05, 04:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Phil Clark Phil Clark is offline

Default Another one under

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 16:21:49 +0000 (UTC), "Peter Masson"
wrote:

The NR disruptions page

A bit difficult to access while standing on the concourse at Waterloo,
and pretty poor if information was reaching the website, but not
reaching pax standing waiting at Waterloo.

SWT tickets were being accepted on FGW/FGWL via Reading.

Which would have meant a cross-London journey to Paddington... when I
reached Waterloo at 1800 I believe they had just closed the
Underground station due to congestion from ppl seeking another route.

Even with all lines closed at Surbiton for, perhaps, a couple of hours, it
ought to have been possible to serve Guildford and the Portsmouth line via
Epsom, Leatherhead and Effingham Junction, and to run a few Basingstoke
route traions via Staines and Chertsey - I don't have any information as to
whether these routes were actually used.

Quite. The basingstoke train I eventually caught at Woking was almost
empty, and not many people got off, so I wonder if it had come down
from Waterloo, or been turned short somewhere?