Old November 28th 05, 10:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default No staff on gatelines (again)

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Clive wrote:

In message eranews.com,
Endymion Ponsonby-Withermoor III writes

In most other cities that I have seen, the timetables are effectively
hidden from public view:

That makes good sense, with the drivers having to keep to time they have
a timetable for the train they're operating, but just imagine one for
the public with every train on it, with a lot at 90 second headway's,
how many pages would it be on?

With the judicious use of the phrase "and the same minutes past each
hour", not as many as you might think.

Not that i'm advocating public timetables - keeping them hidden buys the
train operator some precious flexibility!

tom

--
I sometimes think that the IETF is one of the crown jewels in all of
western civilization. -- Tim O'Reilly