Old November 30th 05, 09:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Last two days of Routemasters

typed:
JMUpton2000 wrote:
"Paul" Paul @whydoyoucare.co.uk wrote in message
on the 159 anyway.

timetable for special operations on Thursday the 8th are on line at
http://www.lots.org.uk/pdf/159081205.pdf

Looks good, shame that work means I an unable to attend. Thankfully
I did make the 38 send off though.

But wait, what is this utter nonsense about no photography on the
159's on the last two days? Under what bylaw (and more importantly
why?) is this little number being dreamed up?

Regards
John M Upton

John, the LOTS site states:-

"filming on board any Route 159 bus has been specifically prohibited
and this restriction will be very strictly enforced."

Well, I don't know if they regard "filming" and synonymous with
"taking photographs".

I haven't seen any bylaw prohibiting either activity (I'm not saying
there isn't one, just that I have not seen it) but if it prohibits
"filming" then I would certainly argue that does not include "taking
photographs". And, since I use a small digital camera (about the size
of the cigarette pack) they wouldn't know the diference anyway.

I've just checked TfL's conditions of carriage which apply at least to
the Tube and buses, and the only reference to photography is this:

"4.5. For safety reasons, on our bus services, in the enclosed parts of
our bus stations and on London Underground you must not:
take flash photographs and/or use a tripod or other camera support
equipment;"

There is nothing about "filming" as distinct from taking still photos.

--
Richard J.