Old December 2nd 05, 05:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Endymion Ponsonby-Withermoor III Endymion Ponsonby-Withermoor III is offline

Default Met line - Watford - Saturday?

marcb wrote:
Does the Met line run to Watford on Saturday? I can't work this out on
the TFL site.

Yes it does. There's nothing restricted about its times of operations
(like, say, Shoreditch, Chancery Lane). It may have skewed starting and
finishing times wrt other lines/stations, but it certainly isn't
"weekdays only".

If not, what's the fastest way of getting there from the City area (ie
Moorgate)?

I don't know whether there's a continuous service from Moorgate to
Watford, but you can certainly get there by changing at Baker Street,
HOTH, Moor Park, in various combinations.

I don't think Watford is served by express services from London; you might
be better off getting an Amersham/Chesham service and jumping off at Moor
Park. However, there are serious platform predictability problems at Moor
Park.

Watford Metropolitan Station is some distance from the center of Watford:
you might be better off going to Watford Junction, which can be reached
as an "extension" of the Bakerloo Line, or from Euston (local DC and fast).

Moorgate - Euston Square - Euston - WJ might be the best way.

Richard [in PE12]