Old December 2nd 05, 05:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Endymion Ponsonby-Withermoor III Endymion Ponsonby-Withermoor III is offline

Default Watford Jnct - Euston on Virgin rather than Silverlink

Paul Scott wrote:

The fact that your tickets are not marked for a specific TOC is irrelevant.
According to the published timetable, (part of the conditions of carriage),
VWC do not provide a service from WJ to Euston, as explained elsewhere.

Well, I've got on Virgin Trains from Watford Junction; I do it all the time.
I just goto the ticket office, ask for a ticket to London Euston. I never specified
which service I wanted to use, just "a train".

I then look for a likely looking train, ask the personage if he's going to
London Euston. If he says "yes", I get on it.

I wasn't aware there was any problem doing this. I don't think I've
EVER asked for travel on a specific railway company.

Nor was I aware that I had to use "the published timetable". If there are
extra conditions in this of which I am not aware, then they should make
its use compulsory. I'm not interested in the "timetable" (the times
at which trains are supposed to run); I am only interested in the
times at which the trains do actually run.

Richard [in PE12]