Old December 2nd 05, 06:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default "Tube cheapest in Europe"

Dave Newt wrote:
Just received the latest TfL magazine (renamed from "Tube" to "London
Loop", which contains the following item on page 35:

ONE-WAY TREAT

London Loop has found that, in real terms, the Tube will soon rank among
the cheapest underground systems in Europe.

********. They might want to look at eastern europe. I was in Kiev this
summer.
A one way trip to anywhere from anywhere on the system - 50 kopeks.
Thats 5 pence
to you and me. So for the price of one zone 6 travelcard on LULs
overpriced,
badly run system you could travel to and from work for about 3 months.
Also the trains run every roughly 90 seconds during the day because the
drivers
can do a quick turnaround at the terminuses (I watched) unlike some I
could
mention. LUL could learn a thing or to from there.

B2003