Old December 2nd 05, 10:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Al Holmes Al Holmes is offline

Default DLR City Airport branch

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 22:59:50 GMT, "MetroGnome"
wrote:

The DLR branch from Canning Town to London City Airport (and on to King
George V) opened to the public at about 1700 this afternoon. This is almost
two weeks earlier than the previously advertised (and presumably
contractual) opening date of December 15.

Unfortunately, when I reached the DLR at about 1900, the entire system was
seriously disrupted, as a result of a computer failure. Hopefully, the two
events were unrelated.....

MG

Thanks to the computer failure, I was riding on a bit of rare DLR
track travelling from Canning Town to King George V. We used the
facing crossover at Pontoon Dock and ran wrong line all the way from
Pontoon Dock to KGV.

Al Holmes