Old December 3rd 05, 02:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mal Mal is offline

Default Seven Sisters This Morning

This type of thing is common. It happens all the time
When a problem arises its a dynamic situation, it can fix itself in
seconds...or last an hour. Would you prefer it then if when a problem arose
we anounced that the service will not start for say, an hour. Then if the
problem fixed itself in 5 minutes we would not run trains until the hour
ewas up so that you could say yes, we were right it was an hour?
That way we would always be right. No one would get anywhere but hey....you
would be happy.

Mal

"Edward Cowling London UK" wrote in message
In message , Paul Corfield
writes

If you were told there was a fire would you ignore it and carry on
towards the hazard?

A bit of balance does no one any harm.

You've got me ticked off now :-)

Ok, I'll give you an example from the week before last.

Monday - Went to Palmers Green to get the WAGN service to Moorgate. Told
by station announcer that all services were going to Kings Cross because
of problems at Drayton Park - at this half the people trot off for the
bus. When the train comes the driver tells us to ignore all that, as he's
going to Moorgate. We arrive at Finsbury Park to hear lots of
announcements saying it's a Kings Cross train, station board says
Moorgate, driver laughs and tells us they can say what they want, but he's
going to Moorgate - We arrive on time at Moorgate. How about all those
poor sods queuing for the bus at Palmers Green ??!!

Tuesday - Same announcement about problems at Drayton Park and all
services going to Kings Cross. Driver says the same today. We arrive at
Finsbury Park and the station board says Moorgate, the announcer is
hollering Kings Cross, and then the driver.... tells us all to get off as
he's terminating there !!

So please don't get patronising when I say I'd believe Lord Archer is a
saint before I'd take anything said by station announcers as gospel !!

--
Edward Cowling London UK