Old December 3rd 05, 07:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Edward Cowling London UK Edward Cowling London UK is offline

Default Seven Sisters This Morning

In message , Mal
writes
This type of thing is common. It happens all the time
When a problem arises its a dynamic situation, it can fix itself in
seconds...or last an hour. Would you prefer it then if when a problem arose
we anounced that the service will not start for say, an hour. Then if the
problem fixed itself in 5 minutes we would not run trains until the hour
ewas up so that you could say yes, we were right it was an hour?
That way we would always be right. No one would get anywhere but hey....you
would be happy.

So you're admitting my point that a huge number of the announcements are
just plain wrong. Maybe that's ok at the local jumble sale, but not on
the public transport system.

Especially after all the smart arse comments about dumb old Joe public
ignoring announcements.

Of course they ignore them! They realise many are complete and utter
crap.

--
Edward Cowling London UK