Old December 3rd 05, 08:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Seven Sisters This Morning

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 20:00:06 +0000, Edward Cowling London UK
wrote:

In message , Paul Corfield
writes

God help us if there is a next time but I look forward to your
announcements being made on the public address system and on national TV
that completely and fully diagnoses the events given your clear and
obvious omniscience.

Again smart arse patronising comments about the poor old public who have
to travel on these part privatised, part god knows what transport
systems.

Not patronising at all. You are sitting in judgement. Therefore I assume
you know what needs to be done. What technically has to be done and what
is not being done? What are the safety issues to which you refer?

I'm interested to know given that public address systems are being
replaced or upgraded, we're getting a new integrated radio system
installed, there are the new Home Office sponsored emergency service
radio systems as well. I'm also interested to know what part of the
emergency response to the terrorist events was mishandled where
apparently our communications were so inadequate. Strange that we got
several hundred thousand people off the network without injuring anyone
during that exercise.

I notice you declined to comment on my response to the 7th July
incidents - why is that then? Am I right or do you have evidence that
refutes what I said?

You seem to be confusing equipment with the fluidity of events in the
midst of what was a national emergency. Do you seriously expect
communications to be perfect in such an environment?
--
Paul C