Old December 3rd 05, 09:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mal Mal is offline

Default Seven Sisters This Morning

No Edward...thats not what i said at all.
When an anouncement is put together....its 99% certain its correct. In the
time it takes to get the info to all concerned....and we do have multicall
systems so not 1 person is siting making all the calls, the situation could
change.
I said, Would you prefer each incident had a standard time of closure so
that you could say we were right and be a happy chappy.
You didnt answer.
What jumble sales have you been to?

Mal

"Edward Cowling London UK" wrote in message
In message , Mal
writes
This type of thing is common. It happens all the time
When a problem arises its a dynamic situation, it can fix itself in
seconds...or last an hour. Would you prefer it then if when a problem
arose
we anounced that the service will not start for say, an hour. Then if the
problem fixed itself in 5 minutes we would not run trains until the hour
ewas up so that you could say yes, we were right it was an hour?
That way we would always be right. No one would get anywhere but
hey....you
would be happy.

So you're admitting my point that a huge number of the announcements are
just plain wrong. Maybe that's ok at the local jumble sale, but not on the
public transport system.

Especially after all the smart arse comments about dumb old Joe public
ignoring announcements.

Of course they ignore them! They realise many are complete and utter
crap.

--
Edward Cowling London UK