Old September 10th 03, 09:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
IOOA IOOA is offline

Default petrol scam

just been shopping in Brent Cross London and returned to my car and smelt
petrol... a man came running up and said
look your leaking petrol,,,, yes petrol all over the inner wheel arch by the
tank

The man said he had a friend who would look at it, who was having a cup of
tea... phoned him on his mobile

five minute he came , yes he can fix it, no cant drive off like that, £50
should do it, go and have a cup of tea and get money

So I asked him what is was... leaking fuel connector pipe.. he had one in
his van

So I said ok but I will have to phone BP... why he asked?..the car is a Golf
1.9 diesel...(no badge on the 1.9L)....BP must have sold me petrol... he
didn't stay long, ran of like a hare

--
There are 11 kinds of people who use Email , those who don't know binary,
those who know binary and who don't get the joke...and those that do get the