Old December 5th 05, 04:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin Mayes Robin Mayes is offline

Default Seven Sisters This Morning

"asdf" wrote in message

I think there are two issues being confused here. There's no reason to
doubt that TPTB at LU spent the first 20 minutes (or hour or however
long) thinking a power surge was responsible for the incidents.
However, the public were told for *hours* afterwards that it was just
a power surge. For the whole morning, news organisations were
variously reporting up to 7 explosions on the Underground and up to 3
on buses, while being kept completely in the dark by official sources.
There was a definite witholding of information, be it at the behest of
LU, or the security services, or whoever.

Having seen some of the tactics the media, especially the foreign press
adopted to try and get "exclusive footage" of the incident sites I am so
glad nobody updated the media. We had a few more pressing concerns, like
trying to save lives and evacuating customers from trains stuck in tunnels.