Old December 5th 05, 05:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Commuting from Liverpool Street to Chelmsford

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 wrote:

Actually - what I am really interested in is can I do this from SW19
(Wimbledon) ?

Ah.

Wimbledon - Liverpool Street - Chelmsford.

Sounds horrible - but I wreckon 1.5 hours ???

That sounds broadly right. It's the Wimbledon - Liverpool Street bit
that's going to hurt; once you're at LLS, Bob's your uncle. The obvious
route in is to take the District, then change to the Circle somewhere
before Tower Hill; the other options would involve getting into town and
onto the Central line, but i don't think that's going to be any quicker.

A lot of trains on the Great Eastern stop at Stratford these days; there
might be some advantage in doing Wimbledon - Stratford - Chelmsford;
perhaps a train to Waterloo, then Jubilee line to Stratford. You still
have to ride the peak to Waterloo, and probably to Stratford too, but you
don't have to go via the middle of town.

The good news is that the extra length of your journey, relative to normal
into-London commutes, means that you'll be setting off earlier anyway, so
you might get through town before the worst of the peak hits. If you're
lucky.

tom

--
the logical extension of a zero-infinity nightmare topology