Old December 5th 05, 06:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Commuting from Liverpool Street to Chelmsford

On 5 Dec 2005 05:50:09 -0800, wrote:

Thanks Tom.

Actually - what I am really interested in is can I do this from SW19
(Wimbledon) ?

Wimbledon - Liverpool Street - Chelmsford.

Not a journey I'd want to do. I think you will end up on 2 trains and 2
tubes each way.

SWT to Waterloo, W&C Line to Bank, Central Line to Liv St and then One
Anglia to Chelmsford. Depending on your start time you might need to
start early and have not too bad a trip or else run later and face awful
crowding all the way to Liverpool St.

Interestingly the National Rail Journey Planner routes most trips via
the Jubilee Line from Waterloo to Stratford to pick up your Chelmsford
train. Using that option you end up a trip time nearer 1hr 50mins but
the planner does add in huge journey times for the Tube and for
interchange. Once you get used to the regular timings you can achieve
for interchange and the Tube journey then you can take less time. The
main advantage you have is that all journey legs have frequent services.

Sounds horrible - but I wreckon 1.5 hours ???

Wreckon - yep I think I'd be a wreck trying to do that every day.

--
Paul C