Old December 6th 05, 07:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Martin Rich Martin Rich is offline

Default Commuting from Liverpool Street to Chelmsford

On 5 Dec 2005 05:50:09 -0800, wrote:

Thanks Tom.

Actually - what I am really interested in is can I do this from SW19
(Wimbledon) ?

Wimbledon - Liverpool Street - Chelmsford.

Sounds horrible - but I wreckon 1.5 hours ???

OK - I did something like this 20+ years ago as a student on work
placement for a few weeks. Fortunately my employer put me up in a B &
B 4 nights a week, so I was doing Wimbledon-Ingatestone (just a bit
nearer to London than Chelmsford) on Monday mornings and the reverse
on Friday afternoons. I definitely did Wimbledon-Waterloo then W & C
line to Bank then walk to Liverpool Street then train to Ingatestone.
From memory 1.5 hours was a best case with no delays: each individual
leg might have been fairly quick but they all added up.

And even though it was a long time ago I don't think the journey time
today would be very different. Obviously a huge amount has changed
since but the only one which would have affected the geography of this
journey would be the availability of Jubilee line Waterloo-Stratford
as an alternative way to cross London.

Martin