Old December 6th 05, 10:55 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.thames-valley
Mike Bristow Mike Bristow is offline

Default Two commutes - suggestions for where to live ?

["Followup-To:" header set to uk.transport.london.]
In article . com,
wrote:
How to resolve this ??

My girlfriend and I currently live in Woking.

She works in Bracknell (30 minute drive). If I were to get a job in
Chelmsford - where is a good place to live for a reasonable commute for
both of us ?

Watford or Dorking? Nightmare drive for her, though. And not much
better for you.

Frankly, I think that either one of you, perhaps both, will have a
nightmare commute around the M25.

Crossrail will make a difference: it'll mean that anywhere that'll
get you to Paddington or Liverpool St. will make the "long" commute
much easier by train. The "Long" commute will still be over an
hour, though.

--
RIP Morph (1977-2005)