Old December 7th 05, 12:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

Default Commuting from Liverpool Street to Chelmsford

On 5 Dec 2005 05:50:09 -0800, wrote:

Actually - what I am really interested in is can I do this from SW19
(Wimbledon) ?

Wimbledon - Liverpool Street - Chelmsford.

Sounds horrible - but I wreckon 1.5 hours ???

Liverpool St Chelmsford is an easy and fast route. You also have the
option of picking up most Chelmsford trains at Stratford.

On the Wimbledon leg you can go London Bridge or Waterloo. From
London Bridge you can walk or 'bus to Liverpool St. From Waterloo you
can take the drain to Bank then Central Line (or 'bus or walk) to
Liverpool St. Or you can walk over the river and take Circle from
Embankment. Or you can take Jubilee to Stratford. This sounds
complicated, but the great plus is the number of options. Unless the
system is completely down, you'll get there.

I live at Ilford, on the Chelmsford Liverpool St line. Sometimes I
have to be in Wimbledon by 10.00 a.m.. I'm safe as long as I'm on a
train at Ilford soon after 9.00. Ilford Stratford Bank Waterloo
Wimbledon.