Old December 11th 05, 06:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Stuart Smith Stuart Smith is offline

Default Is this really the end of the Routemasters?

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:56:05 GMT, "Stuart Smith"
wrote:
http://www.yartek.pwp.blueyonder.co...._day/index.htm
http://www.yartek.pwp.blueyonder.co...._day/index.htm

There are some excellent photos there. I am a bit "green around the
gills" as mine are not as accomplished as yours.

How on earth did you get such good shots under the bridge at Waterloo?
The shot of RTW75 is splendid.

Thanks. I really do just hit and hope most of the time, though!

The night shots became possible when I realised my camera could be set to
ISO1600. If you can do that, and open the aperture on the lens to about as
wide as it will go (about F4 here, IIRC), you can get a shutter speed of
about 1/30 of a second, which is fast enough for hand-held shots. The
subject still needs lighting though, but with buses internally lit and
running on lit streets, that's not a problem. The subject also needs to be
stationary - you'll see why from fuzzy shots like that of RML2760 where I
got a bit over-confident.

Regards,

Stuart.