Old December 12th 05, 03:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Legal threats remove news reports from Unofficial Tramlink site

David Bradley wrote:

There is a lot more information that has been provided to members of the
related Yahoo forum, even so, it is very doubtful that the News Section will
every appear again in the format that was so appreciated by very many tram
enthusiasts. Isn't it a sad reflection of life today in what is supposedly an
enviroment that we can ask questions on almost anything and have a right to a
response?

David Bradey

I am not au fait with the Yahoo group in question, could you enlighten
me as to what it's called?

I agree completely with your sentiments. I guess it shows the power of
the web - the fact that Bombardier were concerned about the bad
impression an enthusiasts website might create for those whom may be
considering buying trams at least suggests that transport
authorities/tramway operating consortia do their research about tram
makes and models from a wide variety of sources before placing a
multimillion order. Anyway, my impression was that Stephen's site
was/is broadly positive about the Cologne model trams that were chosen
for Tramlink.

One last (and rather obvious) thought - if potential customers (in the
form of city transport authorities or tramway operators) look at
enthusiasts websites, then surely many of them will also be able to
read the criticism of Bombardier both here on usenet and in other
internet forums, criticism which has been created by their heavy handed
approach to Stephen and his website.