Old December 12th 05, 10:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Underwood Martin Underwood is offline

Default Legal threats remove news reports from Unofficial Tramlink site

Arthur Figgis wrote in
:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 14:24:00 -0000, "Martin Underwood"
wrote:

I bet Bombadier's and Tramlink's PR departments have been working
overtime over the past few days trying to work out how to play down
the negative publicity of the newspaper stories which could easily
be far more damaging for them than the apparent libels on the site.

Given some other things (see what the Free Tibet people have to say
about Bombardier), I doubt they really care. How many Croydon
newspaper readers would be likely to go out and buy a tram or aircraft
anyway?!

It only takes a few copies of the relevant newspaper clippings or URLs to
websites to be sent to the right people in the companies which are potential
customers and they'd start to ask Bombadier what it's all about and what
they've got to hide if they are trying to censor an enthusiast's site.
Perish the thought that anyone might feel strongly enough to go out and do
that... ;-)