Old December 15th 05, 08:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
PRAR PRAR is offline

Default Solar-powered bus stops

DERWENT Solar-powered bus stops
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 07:33:34 +0000, Marc Brett

On 14 Dec 2005 20:14:05 -0800, "Henry" wrote:

I've not seen these mentioned here yet, so:

They're solar-powered. They glow in the dark. They have a cool blue
button that makes the backlight for the paper timetables glow a bit
brighter.

Darkness doesn't prevent me from reading the paper timetables -- existing
streetlights do the job just fine.

No they don't. The timetables on the two bus stops I use on a regular
basis are unreadable at night because the street lights don't cast any
light onto the timetable boards. In neither case would simply rotating
the timetable board 90° fix the issue.

PRAR
--
http://www.i.am/prar/ and http://prar.fotopic.net/
As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it. --Dick Cavett