Old December 20th 05, 12:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark Brader Mark Brader is offline

Default Filming in Strand tube station

"Alan" quotes Tom Teodorczuk:
The movie, tipped to be one of next year's big hits, is being filmed in
different locations in the capital, including The Strand, where a wartime
London Underground Tube station has been re-created...

Alan's subject line suggests that he has in mind the station that
many people remember being called Strand, now part of Charing Cross,
but the article only refers to the street, The Strand. Presumably
the station involved is actually the late Aldwych. The name Strand
was moved from that station to the other one in 1915.
--
Mark Brader | Nature is often much more interesting than we would
Toronto | like her to be. However when we finally do understand