Old December 21st 05, 10:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
David Bradley David Bradley is offline

Default West London Tram (and others)

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:32:33 +0000 (UTC), "Peter Masson"
wrote:

"CJB" wrote in message
oups.com...
One of the main arguments against the WLT is that it is widely thought
that the trams will snarl up traffic even worse than it already is.
However I haven't seen the argument that trams will actually help
traffic flow much better.

AIUI at least some of the complaints against the West London Tram relate to
'pinch ponts' on the route, where the road will be closed to all other
traffic, which will be diverted on to a parallel residential street -
naturally residents on those streets don't like the idea.

I have collated together the various arguments for and against the tram scheme
along the Uxbridge Road at www.tfwl.org.uk - If you disagree with anything
said there then you can respond either through the Guest Book, the Forum or an
email link back to me from the site.

David Bradley