Old December 21st 05, 10:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Jackman David Jackman is offline

Default "Extra" buses

Ian Jelf wrote in
:

That said, I've not seen an official statement that the removal of "via"
points is being done for this reason. Can anyone else (Paul C?)
confirm or deny this?

I understand the argument against via points is that they are confusing as
the bus may already have gone past that point and/or they may be listed in
the wrong order.

It is a valid argument but I don't think it outweighs the usefulness of via
points to those with some elementary geographic knowledge.