Old December 22nd 05, 12:01 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
jonmorris jonmorris is offline

Default Teenager dies 'playing' on hi-speed track out of Paddington

Pat Ricroft wrote:
All very unfortunate, for everyone involved.

Perhaps, but I'm going out on a limb here... If the area was recently
hit with graffiti, and this happened late at night, then I might not be
too stupid in suspecting that they were involved.

I guess the proof will come if there's no more graffiti put up in the
next few days/weeks, as these kids probably got a pretty nasty shock
(one of them did, certainly).

There's no justification for being on the tracks, so - to be honest - I
hope this story goes away as quickly as possible. It's yet another
article that many people will read as being the train companies fault
in some way (or, at best, Network Rail for not 'protecting' these
people from themselves).

If they were involved in vandalism or graffiti, then we should perhaps
thanks the HEX for contributing to crime prevention. [quickly puts on
flame suit]

Jonathan