Old December 22nd 05, 12:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Chris Tolley Chris Tolley is offline

Default Teenager dies 'playing' on hi-speed track out of Paddington

jonmorris wrote:
Pat Ricroft wrote:
All very unfortunate, for everyone involved.

Perhaps, but I'm going out on a limb here... If the area was recently
hit with graffiti, and this happened late at night, then I might not be
too stupid in suspecting that they were involved.

Impossible to say, without any er, *evidence*.

I guess the proof will come if there's no more graffiti put up in the
next few days/weeks, as these kids probably got a pretty nasty shock

No, that won't prove anything. The kids being in possession of cans of
spray paint, even that wouldn't necessarily prove they did *that* bit of
tagging. CCTV or witnesses, now those would be persuasive evidence.

If they were involved in vandalism or graffiti, then we should perhaps
thanks the HEX for contributing to crime prevention. [quickly puts on
flame suit]

I'm not going to flame you. You know that was in squalid taste and you
know the appropriate thing to do would be to withdraw the remark. Ours
is not the kind of country where simply making the place look untidy is
or ever has been a capital offence.

There's no justification for being on the tracks

True.

I hope this story goes away as quickly as possible. It's yet another
article that many people will read as being the train companies fault
in some way (or, at best, Network Rail for not 'protecting' these
people from themselves).

I'd give people more credit than that. I might be wrong.
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9683795.html
(151 001 at Derby, 13 Jun 1985)