Old December 22nd 05, 08:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Alan J. Flavell Alan J. Flavell is offline

Default West London Tram (and others)

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Peter Fox wrote:

However, I have never seen how, as far as a passenger is concerned,
a trolleybus can be any better than an ordinary bus.

They accelerate briskly away from stops, reducing overall journey time
compared to buses. Of course in the UK we're determined to sabotage
that by having the driver take fares, ho hum. And of course they have
no emissions at the point of service, which is nice. Try Geneva
sometime, you'll see how a modern-day trolleybus can work (e.g the one
to/from the airport).

But it's no automatic alternative to a tram. Indeed the Genevois are
now extending their tram routes.