Old December 22nd 05, 11:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Teenager dies 'playing' on hi-speed track out of Paddington

JFGrieve wrote:
Rick Hughes wrote:
"Andy" wrote in
:

Im glad there are enough of us here to be honest enough to say what
99% are actually thinking, in that this guy got exactly what he
deserved.

Translation: "I have no compassion at all within me, but it's OK
because neither have lots of others."

Read the post

Our thoughts should be with the train driver and the network
rail bods who have to pick bits of this guy up spread over a large
area.

Translation: "Naturally, some faux concern for innocent parties always
goes down well, so I'll stick a bit in at this point."

So you don't agree,
Im sure the 1% of you sandal wearing, pullover knitting,
yoghart eating lefties will be outraged at this

Translation: "I'd like to take this opportunity to gratuitously abuse
anyone who doesn't share my opinions."

To near the truth!!

but sorry, youre
obviously confusing me with someone who actually cares what you
think.

Glad to hear it, otherwise I would have been reluctant to say that I
think you still have some distance to go before reaching the level of
human being.

Does this mean up to your level?

Rick. (Occasional yoghurt-eater)

Graffiti and other vandalisms are crimes and generally despicable.
They are not capital offences.

People trespassing on railway lines know that there are risks, but that
doesn't mean that they intend (or deserve) to die, any more than people
who cross roads.

People who are interested in railways have been ridiculed for years (eg
the term "trainspotter", for which there is no equivalent for anyone
interested in any other industry).

So we have a tendency to think "hey, our trains are well 'ard; we've
managed to kill another one; that'll show 'em that we ought to be taken
seriously".

But I don't see why our pride in being interested in an industry which
involves dangerous machinery should make us quite so gleeful about
people getting killed by that machinery. I don't think it happens in
other industries.