Old December 23rd 05, 12:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default "Extra" buses

Richard J. wrote:
Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
Doesn't this discussion highlight the need for TfL to get itself
into the 21st century and start using electronic destination
information like the rest of the country? Then via points can be
updated en route to remove ones that have been passed.

As others have pointed out, electronic displays are not necessarily
better. I was amused to note last month that buses in Paris with
very useful internal GPS-driven displays of the next stop, time to
destination, etc. still use old technology to show the via points
on the outside of the bus. They have a long horizontal board
slotted into brackets on the left side of the bus, thus being
visible to people waiting at bus stops.

Doh! I meant to say the right side of the bus (in Paris).
--
Richard J.